We're dedicated to providing diverse and accessible recreational opportunities for residents of the Westshore of Victoria, BC. Download the West Shore Parks & Recreation Site Map which includes all facilities and amenities on our beautiful 109 acre property. Learn more about our facilities below:
1767 Island Highway, Victoria, BC, V9B 1J1
- Juan de Fuca “JDF” Arena 950 bleacher seats.
- Swimming Pool 25m in length with eight lanes, diving board, adventure pool with spray toys, and a 7.5 meter water slide.
- Swirl Pool/Sauna/Steam Room
- Weight Room 6,555 sq.ft. weight training and cardio equipment.
- Fitness Studio 2,755 sq.ft. open flooring with mirrors and a high quality sound system.
- Indoor Sports Complex Two sport floor courts (marked for basketball, pickleball and volleyball and a soccer turf floor.
- Juan de Fuca Childcare Centre Licensed daycare, Childminding, Preschool, Afterschool Care.
- Meeting Rooms
Located behind Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre
- The Q Centre Arena 3000 seat spectator arena (formerly Bear Mountain Arena)
- Juan de Fuca Golf Course Nine hole par 3 golf course.
- Clubhouse 1460 sq.ft., two rooms, up and down.
- Kinsmen Fieldhouse Fully catered kitchen, seats 80. Suitable for weddings & functions
- Kids Cottage Preschool with outdoor fenced play area
Additional Park Amenities & Play Spaces
Grass Playing Fields – Three 210’ x 300’ grass fields, all with lights
Artificial Turf Field – One 180′ x 278′ with lights
Ball Diamonds – Two Youth & One Adult size
Velodrome Cycling Track
Beach Volleyball – Three sand courts
Tennis Courts – Four porous concrete courts
Basketball Courts Paul Valentine Memorial – Two asphalt courts with lights
Lawn Bowling – Four Greens
Jogging Trail – 2.8km (1.5 mile) accessible loop with a smooth gravel surface
Rotary Play Park – Preschool and school age equipment
Rotary Picnic Playground (by baseball diamonds)
Rotary Picnic Shelter
Click HERE for additional community resources.
2805 Carlow Road, Victoria, BC, V9B 5V9
(The corner of Goldstream Road and Carlow Road, next to Centennial Playground)
We offer a variety of fun and exciting West Shore Parks & Recreation programs for preschoolers, school age children, youth and adults. In addition to dance classes, art programs and our new pottery studio, Centennial Centre offers summer camps for all ages, and Aspiring Artists pro-d days, winter break and spring break camps. Join us for some fun in this creative, community-oriented space!
- Specialized Rooms
- Oak Room (Dance/Yoga Studio) 820 sq.ft
- Spruce Room (Art studio) 670 sq.ft
- Kitchen 280 sq.ft
- Arbutus Room 393 sq.ft
- Pottery Studio
- Specialized Rooms
Juan de Fuca’s Par 3 nine hole course is an excellent course to sharpen your short game skills. The holes range in length from 79 yards to 170 yards. The beautiful fairways and greens are surrounded by seven water hazards providing the accomplished golfer an opportunity to sharpen their skills. If you’re a beginner golfer or looking for a place to take the family without the pressure and frustration of a long regulation course this is the place for you. Beginners and families will have fun learning the game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Play is on a first-come, first-served basis with no tee times required. Total length is 1136 yards, pins will vary.
- The JDF Golf Course and pro shop are open 7 days a week from 7:00AM – dusk.
- First-come, first-served basis Call the pro shop with questions 250-474-8621.
Get your event on the right course. Whether it’s a family reunion, a corporate tournament or a charity fundraiser, our friendly staff will assist you with all the details to ensure a spectacular event that meets your needs. The Kinsmen Fieldhouse provides a fabulous location for banquet facilities and our catering department will add the right flavor to your event. Tournaments may be booked without catering for a minimum of 24 golfers. For availability and details call the pro shop at 250-474-8621. *Catering and food services is currently suspended until 2022. Please contact bookings for more information at 250-474-8611 or email@example.comImage
A Guide to User-Friendly Trails is a pilot project and may be one of the first of its kind in the province of British Columbia, aimed at developing and promoting ‘user-friendly’ trail systems that encourage people to walk, wheel, bike or hike successfully in the outdoors. The guide contains 48 pages of full color photographs, maps and descriptions promoting areas within CRD Regional Parks and the West Shore municipalities that are welcoming to all ages and individuals with diverse levels of mobility and endurance. Click HERE for the full Guide to User-Friendly Trails.Image
West Shore Parks & Recreation has a variety of facilities on their property and within School District 62 available for rent. Whether you are planning a meeting, sporting or special event or workshop, there’s a venue for you.
- Request for use of WSPR Facilities
- WSPR Booking By Schools Form
- Request for use of School District #62 Facilities
*Please download the fillable forms to either your computer or phone prior to opening, completing and submitting it with Adobe Acrobat. The completed forms may be returned in person, by mail, fax, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org