Leisure Involvement For Everyone (LIFE) assists individuals and families with low incomes to access recreation services and programs at all municipal recreation centres in Greater VictoriaImageImage
Who Is Eligible?
Residents of Colwood, Langford, Highlands, Metchosin and View Royal whose combined gross household income must be within or below the Statistics Canada Low Income thresholds (see front of this application form).
Who is not eligible?
- Post-secondary students attending Royal Roads, UVic, Camosun College
- Households with a combined income that exceeds the Low Income Thresholds
Choose one of the following discount options:
Option 1: Drop-in and Registration Discount
Receive both of the following discounts:
- 52 free admissions to drop-in sessions at any Greater Victoria Recreation Centre
For use at West Shore, Saanich, City of Victoria, Oak Bay, Panorama, Esquimalt and SEAPARC.
- Your LIFE card must be presented at the time of admission
- One card is issued once per year for each household member
- 50% off (up to a $50 reduction) 4 times a year on West Shore Parks & Recreation registered programs or membership passes.
- Some restrictions apply. A ‘registration discount’ may be used for 50% off a Juan de Fuca 55+ Seniors Centre membership
Option 2: Annual Pass Discount
Receive the following discount:
- 50% reduction on a West Shore Parks & Recreation Annual Pass (for use at West Shore Parks & Recreation facilities ONLY) or a Regional Annual Pass for use at 14 Greater Victoria Recreation Centres (does not include the YMCA-YWCA)
- Monthly payment plans available, Visa/MasterCard/AMEX and automatic debit from your chequing account are accepted. Please Note: a $25 admin fee will be charged upon registration of all payment plans
- LIFE cards are non-transferable, and are not eligible for cash or credit
- All eligible WSPR LIFE members may book a free JDF Weightroom orientation with reception
- Participants must have their picture taken for their LIFE card
- $5 + tax replacement charge for lost cards
Replacement cards will be prorated by subtracting 4 visits a month from January up to the date card is replaced
How Do I Apply?
Download an application or pick up from reception at Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre. Completed applications to be returned to Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre with proof of residency in the West Shore and with proof of income. To obtain a copy of your NOA visit Revenue Canada or call 1-800-959-8281.
- 2022 LIFE application form (fill-able – please save and print after info is complete)
- Adjudicator form
For more information please contact Reception at West Shore Parks & Recreation at 250-478-8384 – ‘press 0’
KidSport™ believes that no kid should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport™ provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sports.
KidSport™ is about Fun … The primary goal of children’s sport programming is that each child should have so much fun that they can’t wait to play again next season! All kids should be given the opportunity to develop healthy lifestyles, no matter the financial, physical or language barriers that may exist! The challenges that come with playing sports also teaches children valuable life lessons and skills including leadership, practice, hard work, dedication and self confidence.
How Do I Apply?
Download the application from by clicking HERE
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged kids participate in organized sport and recreation.
The Canadian Tire Jumpstart program is committed to helping get kids active and healthy. They work in partnership with local non-profit organizations to discreetly identify kids with the greatest need in their community. Canadian Tire Jumpstart then covers registration, equipment and/or transportation costs to help children participate in a sport or recreational activity of their choice.
West Shore Parks & Recreation provides a corporate discount of 10% off our annual pass to organizations with 10 – 15 employees signing up at the same time. We provide greater savings for larger groups (i.e., 15% discount for 16 – 25 employees and 20% discount for 26+ employees).
All children should be given the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle regardless of circumstances beyond their control. Staying physically active helps encourage children to maintain healthy habits throughout their whole lives! The challenges that come with playing sports also teaches children valuable life lessons and skills including leadership, practice, hard work, dedication, and self confidence.
The Langford SportAssist program is a community-based program which provides funding for children aged 6-18 residing in Langford to participate in a sport of their choice. Strong communities include strong kids. Let no kid be left on the sidelines.
If you have any questions that are not answered by the information already available, please email us.
The Leisure Assistant Pass is for people with disabilities, of all ages, who require the assistance of a support person when engaging in leisure activities. Upon presentation of the pass at a participating venue (see list on back page of application), one support person will be given free or reduced admission; facilitating participation, while ensuring the person with a disability does not pay double for their admission. Passes are valid for a 3 year term from the date of issue. As support persons may change, the pass will be issued to the person with a disability.